| Home | Application to Rent | LA's Best | Real Estate Attorney | Echo Park | Links | Contact Us |
How to Improve and Maintain Good Credit
Many people get in trouble with credit cards at a young age, mostly college age, and spend a large portion of their twenties trying to raise their credit scores.
What should be emphasized to students, even before college, is to beware of credit card debt.
Consumers should only make purchases that can be paid off at the end of the month and pay their bill on time every month. That can increase your credit score dramatically and in a short period of time. Also, balances should never be more than 30 percent of the credit limit.
So remember maxing out credit cards can hurt your score and keep you from renting a home in the future.
Another thing consumers can do to improve their score, or maintain a good score, is to pay bills on time. This includes utility bills, medical bills, and cell phone bills. Remember, it can take at least seven years to remove a collection from your credit report.
This is a negative mark against you when you try to apply for a home rental.
It is possible to correct and maintain a good credit score if you know the proper steps to take. Don’t be too hard on yourself, we all make mistakes, but it’s what you do now to correct them that counts.
Helpful hints for housecleaning
We all hate it, but it has to be done. Don't spend your entire weekend inside cleaning. Here are seven helpful hints to get the job done with speed and precision, so that you get out and enjoy your free time!
- Begin with machines first. Get the clothes washer or dishwasher started so that it will be ready to empty by the time you are done with other tasks.
- Clean your home from top to bottom. Dust first, vacuum last.
- use your time wisely. Spray cleaning solutions on fixtures and mirrors, so that the cleaners can begin to work while you are cleaning other areas.
- Use the right tools. A damp sponge will get pet hair off upholstery. Cloth diapers are excellent dusting clothes. And wearing cotton gardening gloves will make mini-blind dusting a snap.
- Get rid of clutter. Give it to charity or throw it in the trash.
- Use an Astroturf mat at the entrance to your home. You will be surprised at how much dirt it will catch.
- Remove temptation. Get rid of the table or place where all of the daily junk is piled. You are more apt to put items away if this spot is no longer available.
Following these simple tips can help you reduce your cleaning time and make the job much easier-guaranteed. You will notice the difference!
How to Save Up to $5,000 Per Year On Your Grocery Bill
It's been a closely guarded secret of savvy consumers for years. But now you can save up to $5,000 a year on your grocery bill. And when yo think about it, those savings could buy you a new car, boat, a wonderful vacation, new furniture for your home, or even make for a luxurious retirement. One experienced coupon clipper recently bought $470 worth of groceries for only $.03 - yes three cents, by using coupons. Here's how you can do it too!
- Find the double or triple coupon stores. Call or go on-line and find out which supermarkets in your area offer double or triple coupons.
- Use coupons to buy the smallest size possible. Many coupons don't specify minimum size requirements. An example of using this to your advantage is redeeming a $.50 off coupons for a $.59 travel size shampoo. Once the coupon is doubled at the checkout, you will be paid $.41 and have a 3 oz. shampoo free. If you had purchased the next size up using the same coupon, you would have been paying $.50 rather than being paid.
- Ask for rain checks on sold-out items. A store's inventory problems can really work to your advantage. Get a rain check for a high quantity of the item. When the item come in you can use your coupons along with the sale price to get a great deal. For example, if a store runs out of shaving cream that is on sale for $.99, ask for a rain check for 10 of them. Take the time that the store needs to restock and collect coupons for that specific item. With 10 $1.00 off coupons, you could walk away with 10 free cans of shaving cream.
- Find coupon on-line. Several coupon-trading sites allow you to join free. You can use this as a forum to trade with shoppers around the world. The coupons will be mailed to you within five days. Two sites that are good for trading are www.kachinaweb.com and www.jlyne.com .
- Visit manufacturer web sites. Many companies offer coupons in exchange for filling out surveys. The easiest way to find these sites is to type the name of a specific product into the search engine of your choice.
- Order the coupons that you want. For a $.05-$.10 handling fee, a $1.00 off coupon can be sent directly to you. You can visit www.marysworld.com for more information on how you can do this.
Along with these suggestions, you can also incorporate rebate offers. By using these simple hints, you can save a bundle at the grocery store and start socking money away for that special purchase or luxurious retirement.
Helpful hints for Home Security
| Home | Application to Rent | Links | Protect Your Home | Best of LA | Contact Us | Recommendation Letter From Landlord | Moving Tips | Rent Now |